Make a Lasting Investment in SPU's Future
The SECURE Act Guide
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further the mission of Seattle Pacific University. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can benefit this year while helping more students receive the blessing of a Christian education.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Seattle Pacific University
- May satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Note: though the CARES Act temporarily suspended the RMD in 2020, RMDs were reinstated in 2021 and going forward
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of Seattle Pacific
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.